Nailsea NHW General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Policy
For further information regarding the National NHW GDPR policy and documentation refer to the Ourwatch links: GPDR Guidance.
1. Nailsea Neighbourhood Watch Association (the Association) maintain a database listing of current NHW Coordinators living within the Nailsea & part of Wraxall (The Elms) area.
2. Each Coordinator should maintain a list either in electronic or paper format of their scheme membership for the purpose of supporting NHW activities and providing information and newsletters. This information in either format will now be covered by the GDPR requirements detailed below.
3. The list of the scheme members held by the Coordinator should be audited on a regular basis.
4. The personal data held consists only of names, postal addresses and contact details, which may include email addresses.
5. The Association holds personal data of Coordinators only for the purposes of supporting NHW activities and providing information and newsletters to its membership via the Coordinators.
6. The Coordinator database is updated as and when inaccuracies are notified or identified through routine maintenance or specific contact with members. The data should be audited against the A&S Police Administrator’s register on a regular basis.
7. Coordinators and scheme members are deemed to give consent to inclusion of their details on these listings when becoming an Association member or when renewing their membership with each subsequent audit. Members can withdraw consent at any time by submitting a written / email request to their Coordinator or an official of the Association.
8. Coordinators can obtain a copy of the data held in respect of themselves by the Association at any time by submission of a written / email request to an officer of the Association. Scheme members can contact their Coordinator for details of their data held and in which format.
9. Members’ contact details will not be shared with other members or third parties without the prior consent of the member concerned. Currently members are considered to be consenting to sharing such details with:- Avon & Somerset Police NHW Administrator for the purposes of NHW, i.e. to update their NHW Avon & Somerset Community Messaging System when the Association becomes aware of amendments to member contact details.
10. Members’ personal data will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes specified above.
11. Members’ personal data will be permanently deleted once membership of the Association ceases.
12. Coordinators’ data held by the Association will be accessed only by authorised officials of the Association for purposes allied to legitimate NHW activities. All data will be held in files which are password protected/encrypted*.
13. Where members’ data is held by Coordinators in paper or electronic format this information/data must be securely stored. In the case of electronic files these must be password protected/encrypted, and when a member leaves the NHW that information/data must be deleted or securely disposed of.
Dated: 14th January 2022
(* Excel Spreadsheet – Open the file; select ‘File’ from the Menu Bar; select ‘Protect Workbook’; select ‘Encrypt with Password’.)