Nailsea Neighbourhood Watch was started in 1991 and is one of the most successful and active 'Watches' in North Somerset. There are now over 168 individual schemes registered with the Police, covering 3,900 homes. Nailsea was awarded a Certificate of Commendation in 1999 for good service to Neighbourhood Watch. There is a low level of crime in Nailsea, partly due to the coverage of Neighbourhood Watch throughout the town.
We operate a two-tier structure in Nailsea. The Area Coordinator chairs a Committee which manages the Watch business. Individual schemes are run by local Coordinators or Contact Persons who provide a single point of contact between the Police and members of that scheme - typically the households in one a street.
Information on public meetings, the AGM, newsletters, Schemes, the Christmas Social, information from the Police, National Neighbourhood & Home Watch and other Agencies can all be found here and in our newsletter.
There are many benefits of belonging to Nailsea Neighbourhood Watch:
- You will become familiar with crime reduction and detection ideas which will help keep your home and belongings safe.
- You will receive a regular colour newsletter, be able to attend four public meetings (including the AGM) each year with guest speakers and also the Christmas Social.
- Street signs are provided to heighten awareness that a 'watch' operates in the area.
- The extra security which belonging to a Neighbourhood Watch scheme offers might even mean that you can get a premium discount from your insurance Company.
- Regular public meetings are held in the United Reform Church Hall, Stockway North, Nailsea BS48 1QA and these are attended by our Local Neighbourhood Police Team.
Nailsea Neighbourhood Watch is twinned with Cumberland Park, Adelaide, South Australia.